Monday, May 17, 2010

epic beach day & some notes

Sunday at Napili Bay
This photo was when the tide came up,
but when we first arrived it was so low tide
that we walked the girls out 30 feet and
they were able to stand in a sandy patch.
There was exposed reef- making a little tidepool
with crabs & fish. It was amazing.
I will definitely be checking low tide times-
so worth it, it was as calm as baby beach.

At home today.
Maya was running a fever,
but didn't keep the girls from
playing dress up.
Kalia is so camera shy!

So Maya was sick today - she was running a fever and was held most of the day. Kalia was so excited to have a sick day at home. She said, "can we stay at home all day and not go anywhere?" Which really means, can I stay in my princess dress & wear fairy wings all day? At one point Maya and I fell asleep on the couch (we had been up 4 times last night with a 5:30am wake up) and after waking found Kalia in full princess gear in her room.

Kalia & Daddy are having a little run around time after dinner, since she was cooped up all day with Maya & I. They have gone up the "big hill" to roll down and "surf" the grass wave. Kalia is so funny, when they were leaving she said exactly what Erik said to me, "Good-bye mommy, i love you, thanks for a great dinner."

The other day the girls and I were walking to take out the trash and check the mail. I told Maya "hold Mama's hand" and held my hand out for her to grab and then she said, "no, sister". Then she walked over and grabbed Kalia's hand.

Yesterday on the way home from the beach, Kalia was adamant that she was NOT tired and did not need a nap. 3 1/2 minutes in the car and she said, "mommy, can I fall asleep in the car" and crashed out!

Here's some notes on Maya:
- Maya doesn't like the blanket to wrap around her feet, or if I'm carrying her- my dress or shirt either.
-When I'm doing the routine for nap or bed (reading, then sing twinkle, twinkle & ba ba black sheep), she is always sucking her right thumb and with the left hand she must be grabbing my fingers.
-She loves to sit on the curb and tap her feet on the ground, if you do it with her, she will laugh.

Here's some notes on Kalia:
- Kalia now sleeps with a "house" of pillows around her.
- Her routine now goes - stories, songs, kisses & hugs to mommy, mommy puts on magic shield and leaves, then daddy stays for prayers and arm tickles.
- Kalia does not like liquid hand soap, she thinks it's gross, especially if some of the liquid soap has gooped on the outside of the container. She especially, especially does not like liquid hand soap in public bathrooms. Even our hand soap freaked her out today, it fell on the ground and I made her pick it up and she was yelling "gross, that's disgusting" - OK, some was gooped on the side.


2 comments:

Mariah said...

Ryenne likes arm tickles too. I just love those little moments that you wrote. Little kids are just amazing.

Lauren said...

i hate liquid handsoap in most public bathrooms too :)