Tuesday, August 11, 2009

school news

So we started week 2 at pre-school. For the first time, Kalia told me she didn't want to go this morning. But after I told her OK, she can bring her pink bear (they can bring a stuffed animal to cuddle with for nap), then she was fine to go. When we left the house it was just drizzling, so kalia had her rain coat, but maya and I just went as is. By the time I opened my door at the pre-school is was pouring rain. We were soaking wet by the time we reached the school! Poor Maya, i used kalia's pillow to block her from the rain. Anyway, by the time maya and I returned home, it was clear and blue skies! When I picked kalia up, i guess she heard us outside and started crying really hard. Auntie Tamika asked if she was usually like this when she wakes up from her nap and I said that maybe she's just holding it in all day. But Auntie Tamika said that she is running around and laughing all day, so I think maybe she's just being a little emotional when she sees us. It is an understatement to say that erik and I are thrilled to hear that she is running around and laughing. Scarlet's mom said that when kalia saw scarlet this morning, she smiled and waved (this is huge for kalia - she usually does not respond this way!) Plus, I did get a little more info. out of kalia today. Although, I really pushed my luck and kept trying to get more details. I need to learn to be a little more subtle, I'm just so desperate to know what goes on!

Tonight when I was getting maya's food cubes out of the freezer - they are in a ziploc freezer bag, she grabs onto the bag and we fight over it and I almost lose! Same at the grocery store when I'm putting produce in the plastic bag, she grabs on and it is so hard to get it away from her.

I used the Allie card tonight when kalia was going to bed. She seemed like she was going to try to play, she took elmo to bed with her. Of course, she had to make him walk on the floor all the way from our room. Anyway, I told her that she had to get good sleep tonight - we were picking up Allie and Auntie Kim tomorrow and if she sleeps well tonight then she can skip her nap tomorrow and play with Allie, but if not, she has to take a nap. I say this when I know perfectly well that she will not take a nap either way. "My friend Allie" is coming tomorrow.

No comments: