Tuesday, August 25, 2009

birthday

kalia made me a birthday cake in her kitchen!
i couldn't help but smile at kalia, she had the most excited look on her face!
cool river on the sand at flemings!
flemings baby pool!
this is one of the photos i will look at now and then to remember - life is good!
kalia's pre-school

Thanks for the photos kim & allie. Thank you also for making my birthday so special!
We still have the birthday signs up.

On my birthday Kim & Allie watched the girls down in Lahaina so I could do a little birthday shopping. Kalia kept asking if I wanted to open presents. When I opened one from tutu and grandpa she said, "mommy, that was nice of us to get that for you." There is nothing that kalia loves more than birthday cake (frosting only) and singing happy birthday. She had the happiest look on her face and helped me blow out the candles.

Kalia had a hard morning going to pre-school today. She was so excited to go to school yesterday, but this morning she really didn't want to go. The main problem is probably my fault- I have been picking kalia up after her nap at pre-school and a few times, I've gotten there in time to wake her up. But now she expects me to wake her up and last time Auntie Tamika woke her up and she was really upset. She keeps telling me that she wants me to wake her up, but since I can't guarantee the timing of her wake up or maya's nap, I need to just go late and let them wake her up. She's been pretty grumpy waking up there lately. She might get that from me, I've been pretty grumpy in the morning lately.

Maya is completely sitting up now. I finally got back to the gym yesterday and I just set up maya with a basket of baby toys and she sat there and played and was just fine. I also took the girls to napili park the other day and i helped maya go down the little slide, since it's a double slide, kalia went down one side and maya went down the other.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Happy Birthday Mama. Love the photo of you and girls together in the water, very sweet! Life is good or just as it should be.