Monday, August 10, 2009

maya loves her bottle:(

kalia feeding maya a bottle
maya and the magazines
no, i don't want to take a picture of elmo!
come on...just one more where you are both looking at me!
I took so many and none really turned out!

I am clearly the only person that is sad that Maya is weaning. Erik and Kalia are pretty happy that they now get to feed maya a bottle and maya - she's in love with her bottle. From the first moment they met, she wants to hold the bottle herself. Erik has figured out a way to tuck her arm so he gets to hold it. Anyway, still nursing her 5 or 6 times a day and some days, like yesterday, she actually wants to a little bit. But I don't regret giving her the bottle at night, I needed some sleep.

Both girls actually sleeping at the same time today, but need to do some cleaning around the house. I finally told Kalia that Auntie Kim and Allie are coming on wednesday and she is very, very excited! I also told her that we were going on the airplane to go to california after they leave and it was going to be a night plane (red eye) where we sleep on the airplane. I think she was a little confused last night, she wanted to go get on the airplane to go to sleep right after dinner.

Kalia has been waking up dry and this morning, when I woke her up, I said, "you woke up dry again!" She said, "it's easy!"

So I have a new best friend- one of kalia's classmates is scarlet and she is going to be the class gossip (or so her mom told me - well, they're from australia and I don't know what the phrase was, but that's what I gathered). She remembers everyone's name and she knows what everyone is up to. I got the full scoop from her mom on what her and kalia did at school. Kalia wouldn't even tell me that she played with scarlet! And here I find out that they chased some boys around the little house in the school yard! Her mom asked her if she ate lunch with Kalia and she said, "no, she ate with the boys". Erik heard this and thought maybe we should reconsider home school.

We booked our flight to california and will heading to LAX on a redeye on Allie's birthday - Sept. 9th and leaving on Sept. 20th. We will be in San Diego fri - tues for the koga family reunion and stay a little with lo and vere. A little nervous about the redeye, but hopefully they will sleep a little. Plus, the thought of having maya awake during a day flight was a little scary! She is definitely going to be challenging on the plane.

I know I have more to say, but can't think of what it is right now. Maya waking up.

No comments: