Thursday, August 6, 2009

kalia's 1st day of pre-school!

kalia in her 1st day of school outfit with backpack on
(her backpack that carries baby, but it's the one she wanted to take)

dinner time!
give me more food!

Erik has been claiming the second best invention is the bowl with suction cup at the bottom. Unfortunately, sometimes they don't stick as well and Maya has been testing this! Erik looked over his shoulder last night for a few seconds and there was pear all over the floor!

So kalia had her first day of school on tuesday! She was ready, she got up and was excited, i made her banana pancakes and had her hello kitty lunch box packed. Erik took the day off so he could be there to take her and pick her up with me and maya. We all drove over and she put her things in her cubby, looked around, we introduced ourselves to the aunties and she kissed us good-bye and didn't even look back. We took her at 8AM and didn't pick her up until after nap time at 2:10PM. They said she did really well. When we picked her up, she was just getting out of the bathroom and as soon as she saw us she just broke down. I think she was being really strong all day and when she saw us, she just let is all out. I think she was prepared to go to school, but maybe didn't realize how long she would be there and what it entailed. She told me later after bath that she had fun and played a lot. One of the aunties told us that she and Ben were together for most of the day. It's funny because, she has known Ben since she was 6 weeks old, but never plays that much with him. But I guess he was familiar and it must have been comforting to have someone familiar. We were looking at some photos on the computer yesterday and she saw one of her and Ben from a year ago and she asked to see it again. I was a little scared about dropping her off today, but she was a big girl and went right in, put her things in her cubby, gave us kisses and went to play and didn't look back. WOW! I told her I would see her after her nap and I'm looking forward to it!

Maya is having mommy day today and she's been giving me some kisses! Maya loves magazines and has found my stash under her highchair. She can crawl over quite quickly to them, while I do something for kalia and destroy one in no time! She's also become quite a fan of tags and of course books. Kalia loved tags too, I don't know what it is about tags!

No comments: