Friday, April 1, 2011

beach park & afternoon at ironwoods

morning at the park
The girls wanted to go to the park with daddy & mommy,
so before erik had to go to work we all headed down.
Then we met Scarlett & Celia and headed to the beach area.
The girls had fun climbing on the tree- fun day!




scarlett & kalia

Thursday Erik had a meeting on Oahu- so we played at Napili Park in the morning
and went for our favorite afternoon hike at Ironwood. It was a fun girls day,
the girls were saying, "we're on the moon!"



If you were wondering what happened with Kalia and the "apology"- here's what happened. Ot was going on for so long that we ended up going with a great suggestion by Celia- to brainstorm with Kalia a way that she could do something thoughtful and kind for our neighbor. In the end she made him a nice card (wrote out his name and hers) and helped me bake something and took it over to him and she told him, "I made you these cookies and this card for you." I really wasn't sure if she would actually go through it- but I also said that she couldn't just make these things and not personally go and tell him that they were for him and that she made it for him. That was on Monday. Yesterday, we hadn't seen him in a few days and she was wondering when we would see him next...

When Erik was on Oahu- he surfed and ended up with a scratch on his chest. Maya was a little alarmed when she saw it and said, "Mommy are you worried about Daddy's Ichy?" I said, "You mean his owie? No, I'm no worried". She said, "No, I worried about Daddy owie." She seriously blows me away with her language and comprehension.

2 comments:

kim said...

I am so proud of my little niece! Great idea by Celia! I am proud of you and Erik too! It is hard to enforce these punishments sometimes! Great pictures in the last few blogs!!

uncle tim said...

i want to go to the moon too!