Sunday, April 10, 2011

april girls

morning cuddles


playing at the mall
they were having a blast- maya made a little friend too

swim class with coach maya

We've been busy the past couple of weeks. Kalia started back at both ballet and swim class. MAPA started doing ballet classes and Kalia is in beginning ballet wednesdays and swim class is thursday mornings in Lahaina.

So tonight we were reading the book "BIG LITTLE" - and I was asking Maya whether different things were big or little and I started to say, "Is Daddy Big or Little?" she said, "Big". "Is Mommy Big or Little?" , she said, "Big". "Is Maya Big or Little?" she said, "Little," "Is Kalia Big or Little?", she said, "Little." Kalia looked at her, looked at me and said, "Medium".

What else is going on around here? Maya has been revolting against her nap or really against all rules in this horrible dictatorship in which she lives and has absolutely no say in. It's terrible living conditions- I don't know how she does it! But it is a dictatorship and so she continues to take her nap, but not always happily as before. Last night she woke up several times and at one point told me that she was done and ready to get up for the day - it was 1am. I think at one point the issue was that the skin between her shirt and pants was exposed...

On wednesday, I picked Kalia up from school and told her in the car that we might walk to ballet, in the stroller- since it's just down the street. But by the time I got everyone dressed and ready to go - I just started to head to the car and Kalia was ready to get in the car. Maya started to walk down the street and said, "No, I want to walk in the stroller." She was listening in the car!

Yesterday, Kalia wanted to see a picture of her old toddler bed and so we went through some blog photos and then I kept looking. I still cannot believe that Maya is the same age as Kalia was when I started the blog. I really couldn't believe that my Kalia is getting to be such a big girl and so independent. And I could cannot believe that my baby is turning into a little girl with her own ideas about the world. I feel so grateful that I still have my morning cuddles with Maya and that Kalia still wants her mommy time too!



No comments: