Monday, March 28, 2011

today

We walked to the park this morning. Erik worked late and then picked us up after he woke up. The girls had fun- especially after Zach & Joel showed up. Maya is really starting to lengthen and look more like a kid:(
We just had her very late dr. appt. and she was 27 lbs. 8 oz (50th percentile) and 35 inches (65th percentile). She was a model patient and spent the rest of the day telling me how she got an "owie" on her leg and Kalia got an "owie" on her arm (TB test).

At the park, sitting by a tree


Playing outside with Aki - driving on their roads


I needed a new bag- so I made this one.
Pretty excited about it.

So for those of you who don't know- we are patiently waiting for Kalia to apologize to one of our neighbors. Although normally a very good girl, she did something a little rude the other day and we have taken away treats (anything sweet) and her favorite show until she apologizes. It's been 7 days and counting. The first two days we pressured and even went as far as to take her twice to apologize and she only cried, now we are waiting. Last night as Maya ate a little something sweet (for eating all her broccoli) after dinner, Kalia looked at her book on the couch. She told me, "You always tell me that I eat too many treats- so I don't think I will eat treats anymore." It's really killing me- I want to give her treats, she's been amazing. She got a TB test and no treats, she eats her veggies like a champ and she's such a good big sister. When will she apologize?

BTW- some of you may know that I have always used white noise for Maya since she was a little baby. She had a 2 1/2 year old sister who didn't know how to be quiet during naps and early bedtimes. Then we all were addicted to it(or I was)- it was part of her routine and you know she is uber-routined. I did sometimes imagine her going to college with her little white noise machine... But after we returned from California, the first night she said she didn't want it. She hasn't asked for it since. What a big girl.

1 comment:

uncle tim said...

im proud of you kalia for hanging on the bar ang jumping to the ground