Monday, March 14, 2011

happenings

Sorry those last posts were done fast & will go back and write more. But just got my camera back from Lauren (thanks for sending it) and took forever to download (my new memory card wouldn't go directly into my computer, blah, blah, blah). Anyway a couple notes from Hendrickson household. When we were in CA- we went to a fun UCLA girls -hangout/playdate at Kel's house. Well, Kalia saw the very beginning of Scooby Doo & then at Lo's house they had a Scooby Doo V Smile Video Game. Anyway, she started asking over and over about Scooby Doo. I told her it might be a little scary, but I taped a show and now she is crazy over Scooby Doo! Seriously, she loves it. I just think it's so funny that my girl who is obsessed with princesses and all things girly- loves Scooby Doo. Erik is happy-it's a little more fun to watch than what we normally do around here. Even Maya is singing the Scooby Doo song.

We had a great day at Napili Bay with the Butlers- Adrienne, Zach & Joel yesterday in the afternoon. Kalia was swimming everywhere with her noodle - she went so far out, I had to force her back in. Her & Zach swam underwater to each other several times. All the kids were playing so well- we went on a hike north of the seahouse to some tide pools & then afterwards the kids played/wrestled on the grass. Kalia was really holding her own with the boys and of course Maya had to jump on the dog pile.

Today to continue the swimming kick, I took the girls to the pool this afternoon. I also started reading beginning chapter books to Kalia and she's really enjoying it. She wants to keep reading more and wants to know what will happen next. I'm so, so excited for this next stage. I'm sure she will be reading herself soon, but just thinking about all the great books we have to read together...so excited!

Maya put her face in the water today at the pool. She is the master of imitation. Today she said something to Kalia that sounded just like me "Seriously, Kalia?"- her little hands on her hips. Yes, we are in trouble. After the swimming pool- we had a very early, but nice dinner at Leilani's. Maya is interested in going on the potty lately- but has yet to actually go. She asks to go all the time and usually at the most inconvenient times (when we finally get back to our seats on the plane after taking Kalia to the bathroom, when we get back to the table at dinner after taking Kalia to the bathroom, when I finally wrestle them into the bathtub- I think I see a pattern here, I'm getting totally worked!)

No comments: