Sunday, March 6, 2011

CA Trip: More Snow!

warming up at the mt. baldy lodge
hot chocolate- yum! (and lunch too)

mt. baldy lodge
dance floor

it started really snowing while we were eating
alex & taylor
catching snow:)


puzzle with papa


We are home now- what a day we had yesterday. It was a very challenging day to transport two children (4 1/2 and 2) by myself from los angeles to oahu and then oahu to maui. But we did it- it ended up being 13 1/2 hours, door to door. I just about cried when the oahu - maui flight was delayed, but we found a spot to watch the planes and look for rainbow colored luggage (never was able to spot one) being loaded onto the planes.

When they served the meal yesterday, they announced that they would serve breakfast. When Kalia received her food, she turned to me and said (with a concerned look), "is this breakfast? because Grandpa made us breakfast, so isn't this lunch?" You can just see the wheels turning in her head:)

Today was a complete down day- it was raining and we remained inside all day. We needed a down day (my arms were literally sore from carrying all our carry-on, Maya and dragging two kids from terminal to terminal). Maya has worn the Snow White dress all day and Kalia the Sleeping Beauty dress all day (except when she tried on a skirt that Tutu gave her - with a grass skirt underneath and a tutu on top). I have taken 4 planes today on Kalia's Princess Airlines. She has made all announcements on her loudspeaker (headset we got on the plane yesterday) and has instructed me to remain seated unless I have to go potty. Food was served with yummy dessert and drinks. She also handed out toys to all- we were given an extra one even! What service!

More photos to come. I left my camera at Lo's, but remembered I had the snow photos on a different memory card.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: