Sunday, April 18, 2010

the bay & dress up

sunset at the bay
we picked up uncle greg and headed up north for some rock collecting
and exploring. Taking turns keeping maya from charging down the cliff.
Kalia led us for a hike up some giant hills and picked us all some flowers.
Maya went up to everyone and anyone and asked them to pick her up.
kalia & erik watching the waves
dressed up at anderson's 1st birthday
maya rummaging through deveraux's closet for things to try on
kalia patiently waited until it was her turn to wear this dress
and I believe it was worth every minute - look at her face!

So Maya is just really talking so much and can copy so much. She says "bye, bye" and the other day I swear she said, "bye, bye see ya". Tonight while I was making dinner, I guess she saw her milk cup in the fridge from earlier and she kept asking for something. She says something that sounds like "a ba?" and that usually means she wants something. I tried to give her one of the cucumbers I was cutting and she shook her head no and then she pointed to the fridge and put her hand on the handle, so I opened it and she pointed to her milk. But she's very good at communicating. She also says "please" if I say it first and give high fives and says "five".

So even though I know I shouldn't, I just can't help myself and when I'm telling Kalia that she's doing something wrong or giving her a warning- I do the shaking my pointer finger thing. Anyway, Kalia has picked up the habit, so she shakes her pointer finger when she's not happy with me or telling maya that she's not supposed to be doing something. So tonight in the bath, Maya was stepping on the drain thingy (for the millionth time, she constantly is letting the water drain) and Kalia was telling her (with finger action) not to step on the drain and let all the water out again. Then Maya turns around and with pointer finger out and shaking, she gives Kalia a piece of her mind (in Maya language, but we definitely got the gist). Kalia and I both started laughing hysterically and because we were laughing, Maya started laughing hard and loud too. Oh, it was so funny, I can't even tell you. It's pretty scary when you see all your little habits reflected in the actions of your children.

Oh, they were so cute this morning. Kalia had a little house set up on her bed with pillows and she made a little place for Maya. Kalia was giving maya's arm soft tickles. Gosh she is such a loving sister, when she's not trying to torture her little sister.





No comments: