Tuesday, April 13, 2010

april fun & the hula girls

scarlett & kalia at barnes & noble
These two girls sat in this chair for so long and looked at princesses books. At one point scarlett said "princess phillip" (sleeping beauty prince) and the girls couldn't stop laughing. Even on the way home Kalia said it and had a good laugh. Scarlett's mom was going to take her to the Wizard of Oz Ballet and she said she could take a friend and she picked Kalia to go. It's really cute to see her friendship developing.
Kalia and daddy had some time and went on the Ironwood Hike.
Playing outside in Kalia's carseat, waiting for Scarlett to come and pick her up for the show. It was so neat to see her go with Scarlett and her mom to a little event, just like a big girl! Wish I could have gone (can you imagine me chasing Maya around the entire theatre).
kisses
So my mom sent the girls these little grass skirt and we played dress up.
I just love Maya's smile in this one.




Oh before I forget, Maya will stand on something or climb on something and stand up and say "Ta Daaaa". She's also been singing the beginning of the song from Sleeping Beauty "I know you...(I walked with you once upon a dream)", since she hears it all day long from someone else. She is seriously dancing queen right now. If she even hears music then she bounces and does this dance where she turns in a circle with her hands up. Today Kalia and I had a good laugh watching Maya rock out, she had her head going, doing the bounce and then spin in a circle over and over.

Yesterday we went to the otherside and met my friend Adrienne and baby joel for some shopping. There really is something about throwing in a non-sibling to make things a little more peaceful. They had a ball at old navy, they were running around and having so much fun, chasing each other, wrecking havoc. Kalia found a pair of ruby red slippers just like dorothy's that were actually my size and was dying for me to buy them, but really I couldn't imagine when I would wear them. We asked Kalia if for Halloween she would be a scarecrow so that I could be dorothy and she looked at us like we were crazy. Of course, she will be a princess for halloween. Maya pulled down tons of sunglasses. Then at K-Mart both Maya and Baby Joel pulled off display fixtures to hang the packages of curtains (no items on rod) and banged them against the metal floor of the display - oh, fun. It was pretty crazy, but somehow seemed ok when another family was involved.

No comments: