Saturday, October 24, 2009

october news

maya playing outside
celebrating uncle greg & greg's birthday
with uncle pat, cousin's shannin & sophie
maya eating her meltaways she got from auntie lo & uncle vere for halloween
kalia finger painting
sunset at honolua bay with uncle pat
playdate with deveraux
painting a pumpkin
kalia's painted pumpkin
cooling off in the wagon
kalia's seeds from auntie cheryl & uncle curt
getting the dirt ready
planting the wildflowers

getting the seeds out
planting the corn
planting the peas

OK, a couple of quick updates - Maya did cut her upper tooth last week and is much, much happier now. Although, she does like to try out her teeth (on my neck last night after bath!) Maya started clapping a few days ago and she loves to show it off. It is so cute! She gets the biggest smile on her face and looks for us to cheer and clap. Erik's uncle pat has been in town visiting Shannin & Sophie (erik's cousin who moved here a month ago) and we went to dinner on friday night and everyone at the table was clapping with her. It's so neat because it feels like we are communicating. She is so proud of herself! It's funny because technically, she is keeping one hand still and hitting it with the right hand and kalia pointed this out to us. "She's not clapping, she's doing this."

The other night we were making kalia go to the bathroom before bed and erik was taking her and she was not happy about it. When he got her to the bathroom, she said to him, "i need some privacy." It was so funny to me, because I've been saying this to her (obviously) when I'm in the bathroom and when I asked her the next day if she knew what that meant, she said, "it means go away". I am so glad we have this blog, just to look back and remember all the funny things kalia says and maya will be saying.

Kalia has been doing really well at school and has even said that she wants to stay later and play more, so i think i'll be picking her up a little later. She's also telling me more about her day and who she played with. We had a really great playdate with Deveraux at the park - Shannon and I were able to sit with the babies and talk and the girls just played!

Last tuesday erik's uncle pat was in town and so we had everyone over for dinner. Uncle Greg came over to help me watch the kids, while I got everything ready and we had a great time. Our neighbors Emmy & Ethan came over and it was fun to see everyone playing (Kalia & cousin Sophie too). I think that school is definitely helping kalia to learn about different types of personalities and dealing better with more aggressive kids.

We've been going outside after dinner and kalia likes to look for the moon and it's different stages & find stars. Last night we went outside (while daddy did dishes!) and she asked me to "make a smoothie" where we draw a blender with chalk and then draw the different ingredients inside and blend it up and pour into our drawn cups -- we've done this before, but it's been months. It's funny how they just remember things and then suddenly want to do again.

The girls are having a snack right now, so I can finish this. I know there's more, but I feel pressed for time. I have some new pics, so I'll do another post soon. It's strawberries for both girls (maya's having tofu too, I know, gross combo but she eats it!). In between throwing her sippy cup everywhere.

No comments: