Sunday, October 18, 2009

just hanging out

kalia made this card for baby joel - she traced all the letters in rainbow colors,
her own idea!
playing pass the parcel at her friend scarlett's birthday party
at mala playing with our new neighbors - emmy & ethan
while daddy got to surf a great south swell

I feel like I've been neglecting the blog! Maya has been cutting her very large upper tooth and it's right there, and it's massive. We do not make babies with small teeth! But she has been very uncomfortable and not my normal happy, cruiser baby. She also has been very restless sleeping and we finally got a longer nap today - 1st time in maybe 10 days. So because she has been requiring a lot of attention, so has kalia. I've been trying to stop myself from doing dishes or trying to get everything else done while maya naps and just spend some concentrated kalia play time. We have been drawing a lot! It's actually been a lot of fun. I realize that since maya is so much more active now, when she is down, I set kalia up with her markers and then go try to get a few things done, but it's been nice to try to relax and just play. Plus, kalia has been needing some good one on one.

I do have a little kalia story - the other morning she was coloring in her room and she wanted the "pink marker I used yesterday". She has a pack of 64 markers and I found the one that I thought was the correct color and even tested a little dot next to the person she had drawn yesterday, but she kept insisting that it was not the correct shade of pink. Maya was a little fussy, so I really was getting a little frustrated, I drew a little heart and said, "see it is the same color ...ok, it's not the same color." It was just off by a shade and then I was able to find the color she was looking for
. Truly you could barely tell it was the wrong color, but kalia could tell! I had to immediately call mom, since I knew she could totally relate to kalia and probably wouldn't have made the mistake i had made in the first place. Two peas in a scary, scary pod:)

Took the girls to napili park again and maya got so excited when she saw the slide, she started kicking her legs and leaning so far forward that i had to practically drop her on the slide. She immediately climbed up. Took a couple face plants and just kept going. Maya's been getting up at the crack of dawn, but it's the only time when she will just let me hold her and rock in the rocking chair - so even though I'm exhausted, it's our little time.

Kalia woke up the other morning and said, "mommy, can i have a tattoo?" I guess somebody at school had a fake tattoo th0e 10 (OK, maya just reached up and typed that). Where was i? Oh, somebody at school had a fake tattoo at school and she wanted one too. I actually have a stash of fake tattoos since she has never wanted to put one on and we get them at birthday parties - so we put one on. But when she first asked me it took me a moment to figure out what was going on...I thought I had at least I don't know 12 years or so before I got that question.

We have new neighbors - ethan & emmy and we've been playing outside with them. It's really good for kalia, they are not shy at all! We all went to the beach yesterday - baby beach mala side and ended up staying most of the day. The surf was really good and people kept showing up that we knew and we just kept staying. At about 1PM, I went home to get supplies and saw Woozer, Jackie, Kanoa & Kapono just pulling up and knew we would be there for a few more hours. It was a fun day - we were all exhausted going home.

I went out with my friends Jinny & Diane the other night and Erik and Kalia had a fun daddy night. Staying up late with popcorn, movie & ice cream - lucky girl!

OK, need to help daddy. Maya is our wild little lady!


No comments: