Thursday, October 8, 2009

kalia's 1st hair cut & a beach day

getting ready to cut!
don't mind the mess in the bathroom!
look how long it was!
cutting her hair


finished length
maya getting ready to catch a little wave at baby beach
beached
just hanging on the boogie board
daddy & kalia
paddling around

We cut Kalia's hair for the first time on tuesday night. It was just a really spontaneous thing, we had talked a little bit about it, but after her bath we decided to just do it. I was always a little scared that cutting her hair we would lose the curls, but her hair still has them.

Wednesday, erik had a night shift, so we had a nice beach day at baby beach - mala side, since there were some really small waves. Maya is such a cruiser! We put her in the baby floating and kalia pushed her around, then she went on the boogie board for some rides! Erik & I both winded ourselves by running kalia up and down the beach in the shallow areas on the boogie board.

I still get surprised at how different our two little girls are! I took maya to the gym on one of kalia's school days and I actually made it to a class (since maya was up at the crack of dawn and took an early nap!) When I picked her up, she was happy to see me, but as soon as I picked her up, she wanted me to put her down so she could play with the toys and explore more. April told me that the entire time I was gone, she just crawled around and played with toys! When I used to bring kalia alone, she would just attach herself to me the minute I arrived back, maya is already so independent...a little sad. I was kinda thinking, "hey, mommy's here, don't you want to smother me with love?" Maya was thinking, "toys for my mouth, toys to throw".

1 comment:

Mariah said...

It is wild how different two kids can be! Same with Ry and Kai.

Love the beach pictures and Kalia's new haircut! Beautiful hair!!