Monday, October 5, 2009

fall is here!

playing outside




making our construction pumpkins
kalia was really into it this year
6 little pumpkins
kalia woke up today and wanted to be snow white
like her doll someone gave her for her birthday.
look at how excited maya is in the background!

So it's october and now it officially feels like the holidays are going to be begin. I always feel like doing craft projects at this time of year. We did the same pumpkins as we did last year, since they required little set up. What a difference a year makes, last year kalia really didn't understand where the eyes and nose and mouth should go and this year, she carefully picked the shape of each one and glued them on. I think it's funny, because when I cut the shape of the pumpkins, I meant for them to go horizontal, but of course all 3 of kalia's and erik's 1 pumpkin are vertical- that's so cool! I really want to do paper mache pumpkins, but I'm not mentally prepared to do that project this week.

Maya is currently doing laps in the living room - from our stack of magazines to the front door, to kalia's booster seat (where kalia is sitting, organizing beads and staying away from maya). Kalia and I were on our hands and knees searching for a bead she knew she had dropped and couldn't find it- 30 minutes later maya found it and had it in her mouth, of course.

Kalia wanted to be snow white today - she even wore the outfit to the gym and went by "snow white" for a couple hours today. After we left the gym, we played hide and go seek and tag on the lawn in the back and she was so sweaty in the costume, that she had to take it all off and go home in her undies.

Kalia has been saying that she's scared in her bed all alone lately - scared of monsters. So I've been doing the "magic shield" that my mom used to put around lo and I when we were little and it's been totally working.




1 comment:

Kristi said...

Oh, She is the perfect Snow White!