Tuesday, August 10, 2010

weekend...

Saturday at Napili Bay - tidepool side
Maya and I play in the sand, while
Erik, Kalia, Kirk & Sydney explore the tidepools.
Kalia has been quite the rock walker/climber lately.

Exploring the tidepools
Sydney & Kirk caught a few little hermit crabs
and a couple little fish.
Then the girls had a crab race around the bucket...
which was actually very close and exciting!


Afternoon rainbow at s-turns,
we went down for some fishing, rock exploring
and shell finding.
Kalia has been quite the little monkey climbing
on rocks everywhere and Maya is actually turning into
quite the shell finder!

Maya was pointing everywhere and
saying "rainbow".

Uncle Greg making Maya smile.
Sunday down at the "spot" for longboarding, swimming
and hanging out with Mark, Uncle Greg & his friend Julie.

Kalia cruised around in the water for so long
with Julie. She had a blast!

Maya & Uncle Greg

I'm really interested in re-purposing and
have a few ideas for projects, but just haven't had
the time. But worked on this one this week.
This is the BEFORE shot of one of old favorite
dresses that just didn't fit well anymore.
But I loved the material, so kept it around longer
than I normally would.

Here's the AFTER - my new hold everything bag.
It was perfect because the dress had lining,
which I used for lining the bag and was
able to put some small pockets inside.

Yesterday afternoon after Erik got home from work, we all headed down to s-turns again and explored the little mini beaches on the side of the regular beach area. Kalia was climbing everywhere. She climbed so high up on this leaning tree and all over the boulders that lined the area. Kalia really is our little monkey girl and had so much fun! Bummed I forgot my camera - such great potential shots!

Here's some new funny things from Maya: She loves to says "shaka" and then tries to throw her little shaka. Yesterday I was getting the girl's swimsuits out for the beach and Maya was carrying around Kalia's and telling Kalia "arms up" (like what I say when I'm going to take clothes off to put swimsuit on). This morning we had yogurt for the first time in a really long time and Maya said "I like yogurt". She's been really good with her "i" vs. "you". I will say "do you want apple?" and she says "i want apple".

No comments: