Saturday, August 7, 2010

our big week

Maya at Duke's Sunday Night
We went out to celebrate the start of
Kalia's new school year and Maya starting at Celena's House.
Look how big Maya is getting!
I really felt how big my girls were getting this week!

Of course we must put on a show
with the music.

The girls have been obsessed with pretending
to surf on the boogie boards in the living room.
Maya lays on her tummy and paddles and
Kalia is already up and riding - she is starting a new
surfing trend, surf dancing.

Kalia's 1st day of school drawing.
It's me and Erik and I'm a princess:)

We had a very big week: Kalia was back to school Mon, Wed, Fri and Maya went to Celena's those mornings and I went into work those mornings too. Although Wednesday I left early and had a mini surf session - pretty fun.

So this year has been a completely different experience taking Kalia to school. Kalia is one of the big kids this year at pre-school and she already knows the drill. Although we definitely had some protests the night before and morning of, as soon as we got to school she happily went and gave us kisses and hugs good-bye. It was really weird doing the third day, but it made the weekend all the better. I will be sad when she has to go to school 5 days a week and you really "have" to go.

Maya has fussed very little on the drop off and seems to be adjusting very well. It's nice because Celena only watching Maya and Kyli (and Kyli is 3) they go to all the mom's group things that I would usually take the girls to. They went to story time on wednesday and to the park playgroup on friday. I guess Maya was asking Celena's son Camden (who will start pre-K on monday) on friday at the park to take her down the slide...over and over again. Sad to miss those moments...

However, it has been nice for me to go to work and get some things done. It's nice to have some balance that I wasn't getting before. It has been hard for me to let go and give them their independence and I might be driving Erik a little crazy - just a little bit. I've also been surfing about 3 times a week, since I meet up with Lisa and her son Zolten and getting some other little sessions in here and there. So all in all, busy, but great week of changes and experiences.

We also just had an epic beach weekend - but i'll post it all in next post. Which will be sooner than later...



1 comment:

Kristi said...

big hugs...must be so hard to leave them. celena is amazing though, so maya is in good hands. xo.

ps. kalia's drawings are so good. i am so impressed.

pss. your girls look gorgeous as always.