Saturday, August 21, 2010

croup & a birthday

My sick girls at home posing for my new phone.
Maya had a cold and Kalia's cold turned into Croup or Croupy Cough.
It was horrible, two friday nights ago we were up all night,
she had such labored breathing and every breath in was a cough out.
I was almost ready to drive the 45 minutes to the
emergency room at 1am. But we made it through
the night and went to urgent care the next day and after
some prescribed medication - the effects were almost immediate!
We are also proud owners of a cool humidifier, who would
have thought you would need a humidifier in Hawaii?

Why do year and a halfs never stop to
pose nicely for the camera. Still love this one.
All photos are taken on my iphone - bday gift from erik.

Mermaid I made using my scrapes, from here.
I found that it's hard to sew curved lines, but it
was really fun to make. I was literally laughing at times
at my crazy stitches. I am making another
in pink for Kalia, since you know...two of everything!

Look at Cole James!
Don't you just want to eat him up?
Lauren started a blog too!
Check it out to see more of Mr. Cole.

I turned 35 on tuesday. Monday night we went out
to dinner at Duke's with the family:
Uncle Greg, Alana, Tanner & Alana's friend Kiki.

I had an easy night, everyone watched
the kids and I actually sat and had a relaxing meal.

Alana & Kalia

The girls attacking Tanner.

Erik & Alana

Maya & Uncle Greg

There's nothing like Hula Pie...

Posing for me on my birthday!

Trying to make Maya laugh or maybe laughing at what Maya was wearing.

She had to wear Erik's shirt, she was about to
throw herself on the floor in a full tantrum to wear it.
I don't know - is it kinda cute?

On my birthday night, Uncle Greg babysat and
Erik & I went out to Sansei. But before we left we did
cake (Maya goes to bed too early, so she got cake yesterday)
Kalia thoroughly enjoyed reign over the cake
and licked each and every candle as they came out.

Thursday at Mala
Erik had a 1/2 day off and got a couple sessions in.
We met him and the girls wanted a ride
on the board. Maya kept saying on the way
down to Mala, "daddy surfing".


I know, can you believe I let my new iphone
let this close to the water?
But these photos came out much better
than my regular camera.

Kalia my little ham...as usual.

Maya copying or doing what she thinks she sees Kalia doing.

So I had a great birthday week and even went out with some friends on Thursday night. Of course Maya woke up at 4am for an hour that morning...how do they know? I must be getting old, after going out (and 1 time was only for dinner) 3 nights this week, I'm exhausted! If my 25 year old self could hear this, she would be ashamed!

Kalia was very upset on the way to school the other day and when I asked her why she said, "mommy, when i get married, I don't want to live with them. I want to live with you and Daddy and Maya forever. Please can I live with you forever." It was so sweet, she loves her family. But I also wanted to write this down to reference it in about 10 years - remind her that she wanted to live with me and Maya for the rest of her life...since I'm sure it will be one of us that is very annoying to her.

Maya is a pro at singing her ABCs. Today I got to surf again, trading off with my fellow surf mommy and when she was watching the crew they sang their ABCs and she told me that usually everyone is impressed with Zo singing them at just 2, but Maya was singing it so perfectly it was intimidating him. She's been pointing to the flower lei around the room that tutu stenciled and says, "I see a flower, I see a leaf".

Oh, I think this is funny- have you ever seen that movie Anchorman with Will Ferrell? There's the one part where all the Newscasters are in one of the offices having this heated discussion and they are all fired up and when they pause, Steve Carell yells, "loud noises" - just to contribute to the yelling. We always thought that was so funny. So when Erik leaves for work in the morning, Kalia runs to the door and yells after him "Daddy have a good day at work. When you get home, tell us about your day. I love you..." So Maya always follows Kalia to the door and yells, "a yaya baga laya seee ga work". And it just totally reminds me of that scene...ok, did you follow that story at all?

1 comment:

Mariah said...

Happy Birthday KC!!! Hope the girls are feeling better. It's so hard when they're sick.

Love all the pictures at the beach. I am missing baby beach BIG TIME.

Impressive that Maya is singing ABC's! Kai is turning two on 10/1 and I think he is having speech issues. Most of what he says I can't understand. But then again, they say girls do things faster than boys.

Love seeing what you guys are up to.

XOXO