Tuesday, November 2, 2010

pre-halloween happenings

Auntie Kim sent these cookie cutters last year,
so i decided to use them for cat & pumpkin turkey burgers (just for the girls).
I also used them for school sandwiches the next day-
OK was having a little too much fun.

Lo text me this photo of Cole at Vere's work
on Friday. Isn't he sooooo cute?


FRIDAY NIGHT
DUKE'S BEACH HOUSE
HENRY KAPONO
Maya & Adrienne

Kalia was just a little bit excited that Scarlett was there.
They seriously ran around and played the entire time,
only checking in for food/water & things to play with out of my bag.

School friends - sitting for just a moment


SATURDAY-
PUMPKIN CARVING & HARVEST FESTIVAL
Daddy is in charge of cutting it open,
and scooping out the seeds.

The girls scooping the seeds



Silly girls
I always put so many photos,
but I can't help it - they are too cute.

I get to carve the faces
Kalia told me exactly what she wanted
on her pumpkin. When I accidentally cut out
one of her pumpkins teeth, she told me to cut
the other one out and it would look fine-
and she was right!

Ariel & Cinderella
Ready for the Harvest Festival


Playing games
Kalia played all the games this year,
she went in the big kid bouncy obstacle course
with Erik & then both girls went in the bouncy castle.
(well, I went too for Maya)
Trying out the pumpkins
Kalia wearing some of my costume pieces
Stayed up to watch Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown

We've been very busy this weekend! I think we are all exhausted. We've been going to bed so late and Maya has been up at regular time.

Today Maya said to me on the way to pick up Kalia at school, "Mommy, can I sit in Kalia's seat?" If you explain things to Maya, she totally gets it. She will come out of a meltdown, if you just let her know what's going on. Maya calls herself, "Maya Koo-e" (Maya Kikuye) and she tonight she said "Mommy, can I have more cumbers" (cucumbers).

So for the Harvest Festival and Halloween, I put a little tiny bit of lipstick on Kalia and the entire time she would say either "what color are my lips?" or "are my lips still red?"

No comments: