Tuesday, November 9, 2010

november happenings

Our "Thanks" and "Giving" Trees are back...
after spending all year rolled up in Maya's closet -
they are looking in need of a little TLC.
Kalia has been really into it this year!

OK, I could not get this photo in the right direction
and boy did I try.


The first night, Kalia was thankful for her friends:
Scarlett, Devyn & Tiare


So our association was bidding for landscapers - we went
2 months without cutting the grass...the girls loved it!
They could play hide and seek just by lying down.


We were so proud of Kalia's coloring job from school!

We had some rainy weather and it was rainbows everywhere.
This one is from Duke's one morning when I was walking in.

Saturday we went to a quinceanera for Ozzie (who Erik works with at Lei's)
& Bertha's daughter Mariah.
It was a masquarade ball theme and the girls (and us too) had a blast.


Watching everyone,
they later had so much fun running around
on the dance floor. They are getting to
be such little buddies - who like to wander off!

All the little girls with their masks on.
This was a fun party - they had an amazing video.
Two different choreographed dance performances-
Kalia loved it.

Sunday we went to a baby shower for Erik's cousin,
Shannin - this is the only photo I took, since we were chasing
the kids around and in the pool all day. At this point,
I was in a lounge chair with Maya sleeping on my chest.
You can see Shannin's tummy in the background - she had her
baby the next day- Nicholas Patrick.

No, not Halloween - yesterday afternoon.
The princesses cruising the neighborhood.


Last week was a full recovery week from Halloween and then into another busy weekend.


Maya loves to say right now: "What's that noise?" Please don't pass gas in front of her because she will call you out on it by saying very loudly, "What's that noise? _____ (fill in your name) poopie diaper?"

Today she put on her tutu and said, "Look, I'm a ballerina".

Maya is quite the Mommy's girl right now and I'm savoring it - I know it won't last like this. She loves to sit with me and then she looks up at me with a big smile and say, "Hi Mommy". Every morning when she wakes up early we lay on the couch and cuddle. She lays next to me with her head resting on my arm and her legs over one of my legs and we pull the blanket on the couch over us. I usually fall back asleep and she always says, "Wake up Mommy!"

This morning when Erik left for work I had both girls laying on top of me on the couch. I love Tuesdays. Since we now go to pre-school/childcare/work monday, wednesday & fridays, I love lazy tuesday mornings. The weekends have been so busy lately that I like just staying in our pajamas for a while.

Today I even got a little sewing done while Maya napped - Kalia is so good about playing in her room - playing with her princess dolls, coloring or looking at books. They both played so well together today - Maya just checking in with me and going back to play. Last week, Maya could not be without me for a moment.

...to be continued (we are so tired right now - erik made me do that).


1 comment:

Diana said...

that rainbow looks wonderful! I wish we were in Hawaii Miss yoU!