Tuesday, May 12, 2009

mother's day
















So tutu and grandpa have left us. We had breakfast at Plantation House on Mother's Day and then Erik had to work. The rest of us played at the house, well, Kalia and anyone who would be her "friend". She came up to me while I was nursing Maya and said, "I need someone to be my friend."

Why is it that Dad's fried rice is so much better...than anyone else's? I think I ate about 4 1/2 pounds of cucumbers while mom and dad were here. Mom made this peanut butter and chocolate cake and we thought that it was so big, we should give some away...but we didn't. Erik and I are eating the rest. It was insane. We also polished off a bunch of mom's oatmeal, dark chocolate, heath bar, cranberry cookies. We ate really well while they were here. It's nice having family here to share the every day stuff with the girls. Even when I'm freaking out because of Maya's sleeping, it's nice to have the support and other people to make you see that you are freaking out (since I don't usually take it well when Erik tells me those kind of things.) But an almost 4 month old who likes to get up every two hours 4 days out of the week - wouldn't you be freaking out too?

So Kalia has been really turning into quite the daddy's girl. yesterday, i asked her if she wanted to go to the grocery store with me. she said, "no, I want to go with daddy". He got their things together and I heard her tell him, "daddy you are my best friend forever." Today, she was telling him, "oh, daddy i missed you. did you have fun at work?"

Oh, funny little story. On Sunday, before mom and dad were leaving, mom was having papaya for lunch and she couldn't find the knife. The cutco knife, the knife i use to cut everything, the knife they gave us for our wedding and i can't live without. We looked everywhere and the kitchen is not very big. Kalia goes digging around in one of her baskets and comes out with a magnifying glass, the case of the missing knife. Dad said, "the last time I saw it, it was in the pizza box." I had asked Erik to take the pizza box to the trash last night!!! Anyway, we went to look in the trash for the second time and it was at the bottom, dad had to move some bags with a bamboo pole and we finally rigged up a pair of tongs with some masking tape to get it. But it was really funny, or at least mom thought it was.

No comments: