Friday, September 21, 2012

Our Fun Weekend


Kalia's 1st soccer game!

Two Saturdays ago, we had a big day.  I got up at 4am to leave to run with my team in the Hana Relay.  I had us all packed for Erik's big day- hula class, soccer pictures, soccer game and then drive to Hana to meet me at the finish line!  But we made it (me just barely- it was a lot of running and lots of hills!) and Erik did great and so did the kids making it all the way to Hana!



Look - no legs!
Here shorts are so long and socks so tall, she's all black!
 
 
 

Uncle Greg came to watch the game.

Kylee & Kalia

I love this shot of Maya!
All these photos are courtesy of Erik and I will let him fill in his commentary soon.  Well, on Erik time, which could be who knows when:)


The Sassy Six Pack
Hana Relay
I survived, although there were moments when I thought I might not.  But it was fun, we had such a fun great team!

After Erik and the girls met me in Hana, we stayed at the finish party for a while.  Then headed for a swim at Hana Bay and then to the house where we were staying.  All the kids outside.  I didn't take very many photos.  But basically the kids had a blast- running around with their friends like wild animals until late into the night and then waking up and doing it all over again.  The next morning, we did some little nature walks in the back yard and then headed to Hamoa beach for some bodysurfing.  Then the Hendricksons headed home.  I had to drive because somehow in my old age- I now get very car sick.  Had to drive the relay car for most of the way as well!

The girls at our stop at Honomanu Beach
 

I ask for a nice pose and this is what I get.
But the girls did awesome in the car, so I have no complaints.
We can do Hana, well they can, I get carsick...

Erik, the rock skipping champion of the Hendrickson family (this is not saying much).
Posted by Picasa

No comments: